Dear colleague, welcome to our website on sexual violence against children in war, conflict, humanitarian crisis and low resource communities.
If you are working with or assisting children exposed to sexual violence or involved in the training of helpers or caregivers working directly with child survivors, this is a good resource for you. We hope that this manual will be useful in your work and that you will benefit from the knowledge presented in it.
In each of the boxes, you can choose either the download or online reading format.
CHILDREN GBV MANUAL
This handbook is developed for helpers and caregivers with guidelines on how to provide culturally sensitive psychosocial support to children exposed to sexual abuse in war, conflict, humanitarian crisis and low resource communities.
CHILDREN GBV TOOLBOX
The children GBV toolbox is a collection of the tools presented in the training manual. The intention is to give you a small sized, easy to handle sample. It contains grounding exercises, four stories, window of tolerance and other tools.
CHILDREN GBV FLYER
The handbook is designed for those who work with or come into contact children who may have been subjected to sexual violence in connection with acts of war in conflict areas, humanitarian settings and poverty.
- A human rights-based approach
- With a developmental perspective
- Mental health / psychological consequences of trauma
- Resource-oriented (respect / opportunities / hope)
- Focus on the helper
- Culturally sensitive
- Builds on experience and local knowledge
- Tool for training, supervision, group-work and self-study for helpers and caregivers
- Developed by clinicians but can be used without formal training
- Aims at being self-explanatory
- Tools – stabilization, and practical exercises