Welcome to our Gender Based Violence Training Manual page.
We hope that this low threshold manual will be useful in your work and that you will benefit from the knowledge presented in it. For easy access to information about the content of the manual please watch our tutorials.
Core elements of the manual
- A human rights-based approach
- With a gender perspective
- Mental health / psychological consequences of trauma
- Resource-oriented (respect / opportunities / hope)
- Focus on the helper
- Metaphors, symbols, and stories
- Psychoeducational approach
- Own experiences and reactions / Body-oriented exercises
- Culturally sensitive
- Tools – stabilization, and grounding exercises
Manual about GBV and men & boys in Norwegian
The handbook explains, among other things, how trauma affects mental health. It refers to methods and techniques that can be used to meet the psychological needs of abused boys and men, illustrated through true stories. The handbook can also be useful for people who already have knowledge and experience in the field. It will soon be translated to English.
The project “Men and boys exposed to sexual violence in armed conflict and refugee situation” is developed in cooperation with Rådet for psykisk helse with support from Stiftelsen Dam and Norad.