How to follow up
- You can follow up this training and obtain more information about how to implement it in your daily work.
- Study the manual for examples that are relevant in your work.
- Use your group for support, caring and sharing.
- It is important to practice the grounding exercises again and again until the skill becomes automatic and can be called on even during moments of distress.
- Take care of yourself as a helper, do the necessary self-evaluation to prevent secondary traumatisation and the like. See our thematic page on helping the helper.
- Before you separate, please agree among yourselves that one or two of you will take particular responsibility for providing and coordinating support to members of the group.
- If you would like to do so, please let HHRI know their names.
- Try to find and make use of resource persons in your region who can provide advice or input.
- Contact HHRI for advice when you need it.
Contact person at HHRI: Elisabeth Ng Langdal Health and Human Rights Info Kirkegata 5 0153 Oslo, Norway Email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have feedback or would like a hard copy of this manual, please send us an e-mail